BLOG # 1
My friends we are now living indeed in strange, scary, and startling times. One of Gods greatest attribute that we should take refuge of during this pandemic is the fact that God is sovereign. As believers we know and live out Romans 8:28, knowing that God ordains all things for his glory and for ourultimate good.
With this verse in mind, how should we respond during this pandemic to a world that is looking for answers?
During this Covid 19 pandemic what should the Christians response be?
To begin with we should "rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice."Philippians 4:4. As Christians, we rejoice not in our present circumstances (Covid19), we rejoice not in the glad, sad, or bad, but rather we rejoice in the following:
- In our Justification and Reconciliation to God through being In Christ (we are at peace with God and are no longer enemies)
- In our trials and sufferings (Covid 19) we are being sanctified developing Christlike characteristics through patience (perseverance, endurance), character, and hope.
- God is in control of the major, minor and the minute.
- God is in the business of answering prayers. What a time to pray for our world, country, city, our government, our relatives and our church family.
- God is in the business of caring and comfort. Go to the God of all comfort at this time. Cast all your care upon him for he cares for you.
- We are eternally safe and secure in Christ – No distress or tribulation or Covid 19 can ever separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Let’s contemplate on these truths by reading Romans 5 and 8 as a family during this difficult time.